Computing provides an opportunity and entitlement for pupils to appreciate, learn and use modern technological tools in order to gather information and present that information using technical processing skills.
Computing is timetabled across all years as a discrete subject to meet curriculum requirements, in addition to it being integrated throughout the whole curriculum.
These elements are encompassed:
- To acknowledge the skills necessary for ICT capability.
- To use ICT tools and information sources to find, analyse, process and present information.
- To model and sequence events
- To use information sources and ICT tools to solve problems.
- To use ICT to support learning in a variety of contexts.
- To understand the implications of ICT for working life and society.
- To be aware of E Safety.
West Moors has excellent facilities including two ICT suites each with 32 networked PCs, two pod areas containing 6 networked PCs for targeted and small group working and a dedicated SEN suite of 5 PCs. We are currently using Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Suite 2010.
Useful Computing Websites
This is a great website to help you practise your coding skills that you have learnt in school.
With Scratch, you can program your own interactive stories, games, and animations.
You can use this to draw shapes by moving the turtle around the screen using the following commands. This will help you with your computational thinking.