AT WEST MOORS MIDDLE SCHOOL, WE ARE PROUD TO BE A CARING SCHOOL WHERE RESPECT FOR OURSELVES, OUR COMMUNITY AND WORLD IS VALUED.
Our Vision and Values
At West Moors Middle School, we want all children to thrive to be the best that they can be- together. We place our children at the heart of all decisions made and are committed to making every moment count to aspire children to be the best that they can be on their own individual learning journey. In our new integrated curriculum, we provide all children with stimulating, purposeful learning experiences personalised to meet their individual needs which is delivered within our safe, respectful and nurturing environment.
- Promote physical and mental well-being.
- Respond swiftly to individual needs with high quality specialist support.
- Build positive relationships by respecting and understanding diversity within and beyond the school community.
- Create an ethos where everyone feels valued and confident to take risks.
- Break down barriers to encourage achievement for all.
- Enrich curriculum activities that provide aspirational role models.
- Encourage the development of kind and compassionate individuals who care for themselves, each other and the wider world.
- Provide a culture for aspirational learners who embrace opportunities and strive to be the best they can be.
- Celebrate success, champion curiosity and build resilience to provide the foundations for life-long achievement.
- Develop respect and care for themselves, their school community, environment and the wider world.
- Promote a cultural understanding, awareness and respect of different religious beliefs between different ethnic groups within our school community and beyond.
West Moors Serves Middle School aims to serve its community by:
- Providing for and encouraging a child’s intellectual, emotional, physical, spiritual and moral development within a caring and stimulating environment;
- Providing a broad balanced education to its children in accordance with the National Curriculum;
- Giving equal opportunity for pupils of all abilities in all areas of school life;
- Ensuring as far as we possibly can, a safe, secure and enjoyable learning environment;
- Encouraging family involvement in the life of the school and its community;
- Co-operating with agencies whose expertise can enhance the task of educating our pupils;
- Communicating with parents and guardians personally, and via the school newsletter, and weekly West Moors Middle School Bulletins;
- Providing opportunities for parents to discuss their child’s educational progress at regular intervals;
- Ensuring that there is always a senior member of staff available to deal with enquiries, by telephone, email or in person;
- Encouraging parents/carers, governors and others in the local community to play an active part in supporting the children and their school;
- Providing opportunities for staff to develop professionally; preparing the children for the upper school phase of their education;
- Promoting British Values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs, through our school values, curriculum and enrichment activities.